Do you want to help advance the practice, science and profession of project management in Denmark? And are you interested in challenging and engaging people in relation to project management, administration, and the opportunity to broaden your network? If you can answer “yes” to any of those questions, then maybe you are just the one PMI Denmark is looking for.
As VP of Administration, you will head the main internal events such as general assembly and social events with the board and active gather process documentation from all areas and follow up and report on the status to the board.
It’s a volunteer job, no salary is paid, but you get a good network within the project management world in Denmark and get wide responsibility and possibility to try out new things in relation to organization and administration.
Some of the concrete administration tasks could be:
- Responsible for meeting invitations, preparation and board meetings arrangements including venue, agenda etc.
- Supporting the Board in follow up on decisions and actions
- Maintaining access rights and mails accounts for volunteers and keeping the records of all business meetings of the PMI® Denmark Chapter and meetings of the Board
- Managing, building, and maintaining the documentation tools and structures that the chapter has, and for ensuring all important documents are saved and easily accessible
- Maintaining descriptions (SOPs) of how your own main tasks can be done
You probably have a full-time job already, so before volunteering then it is important to realistically evaluate the time you have available for volunteer work like this. Most PMI Denmark volunteers use around 1-2 days of work per month. Of-course this can be more depending on your own commitment. The work is consisting of mandatory participation in monthly board meetings (3 hours the first Thursday every month from 17-20) and then hands-on work with administration which is flexible and can be typically placed outside normal working hours.
If you are interested, then send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org with your phone number and a link to your LinkedIn profile. Then we will contact you for a short talk via phone and explain the next steps.