General Assembly 2021
On March 30th 2021, 22 chapter members joined the first ever on-line General Assmebly. Unfortunately this year we could not gather physically but nevertheless it was a great event with good energy shared by the participants.
Following the tradition we reviewed the achievementts over the past 12 months and set the targets for the current year. The GA was kicked off with a fun presentation by comedian Thomas Hartmann, on the dilemmas when working from home, and other perspectives on modern life.The GA continued with presentation of key activities and 2021 plans from each department and concluded with the election of open positions.
The majority of the board were present in the meeting:
- President: Peter Helmer Sørensen
- VP Communication: Alvaro Buxens
- VP Finance: Henrik Feld
- VP Jutland Branch: Sara Jamali,
- VP Adminstration: Kamila Lipinska
- VP Certification: Klaus Nielsen
- VP PMI Young Professionals: Daniela Todorava
- VP Special Projects (associate): Peter Duroska
- VP Marketing and Sponsors (associate): Maggie Lu
VP Members and Volunteers: Sinan Ozmen, has very sadly passed away since last GA, and VP Events, Lotta Banke had resigned her duties since last GA.
Peter Helmer Sørensen was elected meeting moderator, minutes were taken by VP Finance, Henrik Feld.
2020, a challenging year for PMI Denmark
Members: Membership has fallen quite significantly for the first time in many years, the number of member is now at 326 down from 450 last year.
Certifications: PMI Denmark chapter conducted it's third free CAPM training. Almost 100 have now participated in the training provided by board and chapter members.
PMI Young Professionals: Organized 5 events and continues as a grwoing self-sustainable community.
Events: 5 events organized in Copenhagen and 1 event in Jutland.
Sponsors: suffered from loss of 4 sponsors in 2020, and addition of 1 new.
Communications: Our new website with new PMI logo and structure was released in April 2020. Number of newsletter subscribers remain steady, number of Social media followers keep growing. 2 newsletters were delivered including 3 articles from our sponsors.
Marketing: No activities in 2020 but plan prepared for 2021.
The 2021 plans
The plans presented by the board for 2021 will be reviewed and detailed in next months:
PMI DK Members
- Goal is to stop member reduction, identify cause and turn around the trend, new member target to be determined
- Project Management Ready course aimed at a younger audience in gymnasium age, 30 participants based on PMI coursware and exams
Marketing & Sponsor
- Deliver to 2021 marketing plan in place
- Renewed search for sponsors
Communications & Social media
- Increase So-Me presence
- Deliver at lest 3 newsletters including 3 sponsor articles
- Support Marketing team on activities
- 2-3 events in pipeline fro 2021
- 4 online events
- 1 physical event
- Co-Conference with IDA in November
- 4 themes and 9 events in progress
- 3 virtual events completed in Q1
- 2-3 virtual events in planning for Q2
VP Finance, VP Jutland Branch, VP PMI Young Professionals, VP Events, VP Marketing & Sponsors, VP Special Projects, VP Events, VP Members & Volunteers, and VP Administration were up for election
Henrik Feld was elected VP Finance
Daniela Todorova was elected VP PMI Young Professionals
Sara Jamali was elected VP Jutland Branch
Maggie Lu was elected VP Marketing & Sponsors
Peter Duroska was elected VP Special Projects
Michael Meisner was elected VP Events
Brianna Breen Galatius was elected VP Members & Volunteers
Henrik Taankvist was elected VP Administration
This part of the General Assembly was defenitively special this year. Each participant had received a voucher to purchase dinner at the local take away of his/her choice and have it ready when the GA was finalized. The on-line conversation was dynamic and it worked out very well, I think most of us found the experience very interesting.